November 2021 Newsletter
From the Desk of Mr. Schwartz
November Newsletter 2021
Dear Axtell Community School members,
It is hard to believe that we already finished quarter 1. Our students and staff are off to another great year at Axtell. We appreciate the support you show for our students and staff throughout the year.
Here are a few items and reminders for this month:
· The weather is changing so be sure students dress warm. Please send appropriate clothing for recess time.
· A reminder that quarterly report cards are sent home with students and not mailed.
· Good luck to the One Act team as they begin their season on Monday, November 8th.
· Winter sport conditioning can begin on November 8th and practices on the 15th.
· We have Veteran’s Day on Thursday, November 11th. Please come out and join us for a great program.
· A group of 6 high school students will be attending a Sportsmanship summit on Wednesday, November 17th at Kearney High School.
· Thanksgiving break will begin on Wednesday, November 24th.
· Winter activities pictures will be on Tuesday, November 30th.
· Christmas concerts are listed below:
a. PK-6 will be Tuesday, November 30th beginning at 6:30PM.
b. 7-12 will be on Monday, December 13th at 7:00PM.
Our staff does a great job of sharing our own story here at Axtell using our Twitter and Facebook accounts. If you do not follow us on either account look us up under Axtell Community Schools.
We look forward to serving our students, staff, and patrons. If you have any questions please stop in or shoot me an email at email@example.com
Mr. Jeff Schwartz
Axtell Community Schools
ONE-ACT: The One-Act will be performing on November 8th at 1:15 pm in Wilcox, November 23 in Holdredge time TBA, and November 30 in Scotia at 1:00 pm. Community Performance TBA
November 30 the PreK will be joining the school Christmas program. Pre-K will start at 6:30 p.m.
The Student Council will be hosting its annual canned food drive from December 6th through December 10th. All food collected will be given to the Kearney County Foodfellows.
Toys for tots/national honor society
Mark You Calendars!! The National Honor Sociey will again be sponsoring Toys For Tots this holiday season from December 2nd-December 17th.
AG Education /ffa
- November 2nd: FFA Jacket Ceremony at 6:30pm *Postponed due to shipping issues with FFA Jackets, new date to be announced soon*
- November 8th: FFA Alumni & Supporters meeting at 5pm
- November 12th: Understanding Animal Behavior with Dr. Temple Grandin (JH and HS members) - November 13th: P2C (Pathways to Careers) Conference (HS members) - December 1st: Fall CDE's (JH and HS members) - December 9th: FFA Christmas Party at 7pm (JH and HS members)
Thank you! - Thank you to Brian and Jenice Bergstrom, David Grimes and all of the local seed dealers who helped make the FFA Test Plots possible this year. We greatly appreciate your support! Axtell FFA Alumni and Supporters The next meeting is scheduled for November 8th at 5pm in the ag room. If you are interested in joining the Axtell FFA Alumni and Supporters please contact Mrs. Grimes or Trish Danburg.
Follow us on Facebook at Axtell Ag Education and FFA to stay up to date on everything our students are up to!
Kearney County Giving Day
Kearney County Giving Day is November 18! Postcards will soon be arriving in your mailbox. Follow the directions, or send your donation to Axtell Community Fund, PO Box 74, Axtell. All money stays in our community, to help our community! Want to donate online? Go to www.axtellcommunityfund.com. This is a chance to double your money with the 1:1 match by the Windmill Economic Development Corporation!
Junior class fundraiser
When: November 12 @ 12:00 p.m - 2:30 p.m.
$30 per team for 6 players
Additional Players: $5.00
1st and 2nd Place - Receive a Prize!
FOR GRADES 5-12 AND STAFF
(Registration forms are available from Mrs. Zutavern, Mrs. Schull, or Mrs. Smith)
Registration DEADLINE is November 10th @ 4:00 p.m.
PowerSchool is a way for parents to stay in the know about student grades, lunch balances and more. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Caring Tree program is available for high school and younger students in Kearney County or Kearney County districts from November 1-November 19. This program provides gifts for children who would otherwise go without. For more information see below.
Axtell Booster Club Business & Individual/Family Membership Form
Axtell November Calendar