October 2021 Newsletter
From the Desk of Mr. Schwartz
October Newsletter 2021
Dear Axtell Community School Members,
It is hard to believe that we are over a month into school already. Our students and staff are off to another great year at Axtell. We just finished our parent teacher conferences for the fall and want to thank everyone for being able to make it out. We appreciate the support you show for our students and staff throughout the year.
Here are a few upcoming things taking place:
· October 7th, we have picture retakes.
· October 8th, we have Flu shots available. Please make sure all paperwork is brought in.
· October 15th is the end of the 1st quarter.
· October is a busy month for activities. Good luck to all our teams as conference and post season play begin.
· No School on October 29th & November 1st for fall break.
Our staff does a great job of sharing our own story here at Axtell using our Twitter and Facebook accounts. If you do not follow us on either account look us up under Axtell Community Schools.
We look forward to serving our students, staff, and patrons. If you have any questions please stop in or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Jeff Schwartz
Axtell Community Schools
Preschool/Kindergarten Survey 2022-2023
Below you will see a link to inform us if you have a child going into preschool or kindergarten next year. This is just a survey for us to see what our numbers are for next year. By filling out this survey your student is not signed up or enrolled. Enrollment for preschool will begin at the beginning of January. Any questions please call us at the school. Also, if you need a hard copy of the form please stop by the school. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqHGHvI6XR2gNl5Y9MwEts1ZVP07Degi8RUxi-lplrll55hw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0
Title 1 Parent Meeting
There will a Title 1 Reading and Math Parent Meeting in Mrs. Anderson’s classroom on Tuesday, October 19th at 6:30pm. More information will be coming home with your child from Mrs. Anderson about the meeting. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me through email email@example.com or call me at the school 308.743.2415.
2021-2022 Yearbook Senior Dedications: Parents and guardians of this year's seniors who wish to purchase half of a page for a dedication to your graduating senior must have your payment, pictures, and paperwork into the school office no later than Thursday, October 28th. Late submissions will not be accepted due to limited space within the yearbook. Contact Ms. Nicholson with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Equity Survey
Please fill out a Digital Equity Survey so that Axtell Community School can ensure that all students have equal access to technology as well as the necessary tools. Please fill out one survey per student. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Q8uaJQ2EzL340eCPf6ce9ooB3pRAylkFXEUYUlkHrPY/edit?usp=sharing
FFA Upcoming Events
- October 19th: FFA Chapter Meeting @ 6:30pm (JH and HS members)
- October 20th: FFA Career Day (JH and HS members)
- October 28th: Estimated delivery date for items ordered through FFA Fruit Sales fundraiser
- November 2nd: FFA Jacket Ceremony at 6:30pm
- November 12th: Understanding Animal Behavior with Dr. Temple Grandin (JH and HS members)
- November 13th: P2C (Pathways to Careers) Conference (JH and HS members)
- Thank you to everyone who supported our FFA chapter in purchasing fruit, meat, cheese, candy and honey this year. As always, we were blown away by how supportive this community is! All procedures from our fruit sales fundraiser go towards allowing the FFA members to gain valuable experience by participating in leadership workshops, FFA contests and so much more. Thank you for your support!
Exciting Announcements - We are excited to announce that Lexie Eckhoff, Cade Axtell and Isaac Stoner have all been selected to receive FFA Jackets as part of the Nebraska FFA Foundations Blue Jackets, Bright Futures program! Congratulations! Axtell FFA Alumni and Supporters The next meeting is scheduled for November 8th at 5pm in the ag room. If you are interested in joining the Axtell FFA Alumni and Supporters please contact Mrs. Grimes or Trish Danburg.
Calendar of Events